Trip Interruption & Vehicle Return

A Carefree Trip

Did you know that your CAA Manitoba Membership automatically covers you with our Trip Interruption & Vehicle Return benefit?

It’s included – free – with your Membership!

If you're travelling in a vehicle and your trip is interrupted for more than 24 hours due to an automobile accident, mechanical breakdown, auto theft, or unexpected illness or injury, you may be eligible to claim certain expenses through CAA Manitoba.

If your car is disabled for more than 24 hours because of a collision, and you’re more than 200 km from home, CAA has you covered. We’ll reimburse your meal expenses, accommodations or alternative transportation for the first 72 hours after the accident.

You may receive reimbursement for one of the following:

  • commercial transportation (i.e. bus, train or plane) to reach your destination or home
  • commercial car rental to reach your destination or home
  • accommodations and meals during the first 72 hours while waiting for car repairs

Making A Claim?

CAA Manitoba coverage includes:

  • Classic members: The combined annual limits payable are up to $300 (accident only)
  • Plus and Plus RV members: The combined annual limits payable are up to $600 (accident only).
  • Premier and Premier RV members: The combined annual limits payable are:
    • Auto breakdown due to an accident, fire or theft = up to $2,000
    • Auto breakdown due to mechanical failure = up to $600
    • Vehicle return benefit will reimburse for commercial transportation of the vehicle back to the Premier member’s primary residence when an unexpected illness or injury prevents the completion of your trip = up to $500

Claims must be submitted within 60 days, with original itemized expense receipts and a copy of the police or accident report. Only one claim per vehicle, per incident.

Reimbursement is based on the membership level at the time of the incident.

For more information on terms and conditions, exclusions and claim procedures, please refer to the Trip Interruption & Vehicle Return brochure.

Feel free to download, print and mail us your Trip Interruption & Vehicle Return Claim Form.

Want to know more? Call us today!

For CAA Trip Accident claims, call 204–262–6000.