Our four pillars.
At CAA, we have made a commitment to uphold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. It drives everything we do. Our social responsibility strategy is made up of four distinct pillars.
Community investment aimed at nurturing and growing communities.
At CAA, we believe that giving back to our local communities helps to grow and strengthen them. We support several charities, supported corporately and by Associates.
- Through our charity and Associate-matching initiatives, we continue to support the following charities, chosen by Associates: Bear Clan Patrol, Harvest Manitoba and Winnipeg Humane Society
- Our corporate contribution is making a significant impact for three charities: SickKids Foundation, Black Youth Helpline and HSC Winnipeg Children’s Hospital. From 2022-2024, CAA will be donating a combined $900,000 to these charities, with a dedicated focus on youth mental health, justice and Indigenous healing.
Member and community safety.
It is well-known that at CAA, Member safety is our top priority. We believe that safe communities are strong communities, and here is how we make an impact:
- Our road safety resources address key issues facing drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. From distracted driving, speeding and cannabis-impaired driving, to cycling safety and school zone safety, CAA aims to make Ontario's road safe no matter how you choose to get around.
- Our CAA School Safety Patrol® program continues to grow in schools across Manitoba. Student patrollers help their peers get to and from school safely, on school buses and at school crossings.
- The CAA Worst Roads campaign continues to determine where to focus our efforts for infrastructure advocacy. A true grassroots campaign, Members and the public can nominate roads in need of repair.
For more information on how CAA advocates for our Members and communities, visit our Advocacy section.
Reduce waste and energy consumption.
Facilities and Corporate services continue to focus on reducing waste and energy consumption to benefit the overall health of the planet and its people.
- We have introduced a new environmentally friendly cleaning company that utilizes Tersano, a cleaning system that exceeds Green Seal Standards, with non-toxic cleaning solutions and supplies.
- We continue to replace existing HVAC and power backup equipment with new, energy efficient models. Additionally, upgrades have been put into to place to eliminate airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores via UV germicidal lamps.
- We have expanded our compostable waste program by replacing food packaging in our cafeteria with compostable dining and takeout ware.