Nearly half of Manitobans are not prepared for an emergency in their cars. No matter where you drive in Manitoba, an emergency kit is a must-have item.
There are many things drivers can do before an emergency happens, such as:
- Check road conditions before heading out. A detailed map is available on the Government of Manitoba website, and web cameras for many popular highways in Manitoba can be found on our website.
- Keep your vehicle service up to date.
- Ensure your gas tank is full.
Pre-packaged emergency kits.
Pre-packaged emergency kits can be purchased at any CAA location or through our online store.
Our pre-packaged emergency kits include:
- Candles, flare
- Blanket, flashlight
- Whistle, tools, matches
- First aid supplies, water
- Hand warmers, rain poncho
In addition to an emergency kit, CAA Manitoba also suggests having the following items in your car:
- Windshield wiper fluid
- Collapsible shovel or traction device (kitty litter, traction mats)
- Cell phone charger
- Food (protein bars, beef jerky etc.)