As more Manitobans rely on both cars and bikes to get around, we all need to do our part to share the road safely.
Tips for sharing the road safely.
There are important things to know to keep you safe while cycling on Manitoba’s streets and highways.
- Be aware. Pay attention and make eye contact. Be courteous and do not use headphones or mobile devices while driving or cycling.
- Ride with traffic. Riding against traffic flow is dangerous, illegal and a leading cause of car-bike collisions. Clearly marked contraflow bike lanes are the only exception.
- Keep a safe distance. Whether cycling or driving, keep a safe distance from other cars and bikes; leave enough space for everyone to maneuver safely.
- Protect yourself. Drivers, use your seat belts. Cyclists, wear your helmet.
- Be visible. Use reflectors and lights after dark and on cloudy or foggy days.
- Be predictable. Signal your intentions and obey traffic signals and signs.
Get more information on Bike Safety.
What is Bike Assist?
CAA Bike Assist is roadside assistance for your bicycle. If you run into a problem that cannot be fixed on the spot, CAA will transport you and your bicycle to wherever you need to go. It's automatically available as part of your membership 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Click here for more information.
If you have a Classic membership you are entitled to a 10KM tow, Plus and Premier members are entitled to a 200KM tow.
If you request to have the driver take you to Olympia Cycle and Ski at 326 St. Mary’s Road that will be a free tow, as they are one of our many CAA Rewards partners!
For Bike Assist in Winnipeg call 204-262-6111