Your Premium News - March 2021
If you own and drive a vehicle in Manitoba, Basic Autopac insurance is mandatory. Basic Autopac is the minimum amount of coverage you need to keep your vehicle on the road and provides coverage for personal injury, all perils coverage and third-party liability claims.
Basic Autopac Insurance includes (please note that the coverage amounts shown are applicable to policies with an effective date of April 1, 2021, or later).
- All perils coverage with a $750 deductible
- $500,000 Third Party Liability
- $70,000 maximum vehicle insured value
- Personal injury protection
Basic all-perils covers accidental damage or loss to your vehicle due to collisions, vandalism, theft, hail, or fire while traveling in Canada or the U.S. The depreciation value of your vehicle is taken into consideration.
Third Party Liability
If your vehicle is involved in an accident that injures someone or damages property anywhere in Canada or the U.S., basic third-party liability covers claims made against you to a maximum of $500,000.
Maximum Insured Value
With basic Autopac coverage, $70,000 is the most any vehicle (cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, mopeds, RVs, trailers and snow machines) can be insured.
Personal Injury Protection
Autopac provides personal injury protection benefits for injury or death caused by an automobile accident. Coverage is provided to all Manitoba residents injured in automobile accidents anywhere in Canada or the U.S. No matter who was at fault in the accident, compensation is guaranteed for all injured Manitobans, with an Income Replacement Indemnity limit of $103,000.
Do you need Optional Auto Insurance Extension Coverage?
While Basic Autopac coverage protects you and your vehicle to a limited extent, you may wish to increase your coverage with Optional Autopac Insurance Extensions. Talk to an Autopac specialist at CAA to determine if Optional Coverage is right for you. Some options include:
- Decreased deductible ($500, $300, $200, $200 Plus)
- Increased Maximum Insured Value for vehicles valued over $70,000
- Auto Loss of Use coverage (guarantees replacement transportation)
- Third party liability limit increases ($1M, $2M, $5M, $7M or $10M)
- New/Leased Car Protection (guarantees the full purchase price of the vehicle is protected, including an allowance for inflation, regardless of depreciation. For a maximum of 2 years.)
- Lay-up protection for vehicles in storage for extended periods
- Increased income replacement indemnity limit in increments of $10 000 to a limit of $200,000 for a total of $303,000 coverage
- Collision, comprehensive, third party liability, underinsured motorist protection, and accident benefits coverage for off-road vehicles (including snow machines)
Have questions? Talk to an Autopac specialist at CAA!Learn More
So, you’re thinking about getting life insurance – great choice! Life insurance can be an important part of your financial plan for your family. It can help protect the life you’ve worked hard to build for your family. If the unexpected were to happen and you were no longer there, it could prevent your loved ones from having to sell the family home, or depleting your surviving spouse’s retirement savings.Read More