Legal Expense Insurance
It's no secret that the potential costs of a legal dispute can deter you from pursuing your rights. But with Legal Expense Insurance, you can rest easy knowing that you’re only a phone call away from a lawyer.
CAA Legal Coverage and CAA Legal Plus Coverage can be added to your CAA Insurance Company policy by calling 1-855-779-0677 today!
Do I need legal expense insurance?
When would legal expense insurance help me?
- You and your neighbor can’t agree on the property line, and s/he is now constructing a shed that sits partially on your land
- Your home renovation did not go as planned
- You receive an audit notification from the CRA and want to know your rights
- You were discriminated against in your workplace or feel you have been wrongfully dismissed
What exactly does legal expense insurance cover?
- Coverage for all reasonable legal expenses incurred while pursuing or defending a claim, including lawyers and expert witnesses, disbursements, court costs and more
- Unlimited access to a legal helpline, where lawyers provide legal advice from 8 a.m. until midnight, seven days a week. You can receive guidance from lawyers on any matter, whether the situation is covered or not.
CAA Legal Coverage includes the following:
- Property Protection
If you are experiencing legal nuisances or trespass, or if someone caused physical damage to your property.
- Bodily Injury
If someone caused you or your family bodily injury and you wish to take action against them.
- Tax Protection
If you wish to appeal a decision from the Canada Revenue Agency, or if you are facing an audit on your personal tax affairs.
- Auto Contract Disputes
If you are facing problems with the buyer or the seller of an insured vehicle, with the garage or dealership where it was repaired, or with a lease return.
- Non-Auto Contract Disputes
If you face a dispute relating to obtaining services, selling or buying goods from merchants and contractors.
- UNLIMITED access to general legal advice
Advice and guidance are just a phone call away! You will always receive general legal advice, even if your issue is not covered by the policy. Simply call 1 (855) 853-2288
CAA Legal Plus Coverage includes everything in CAA Legal Coverage plus:
If you face a dispute with your employer relating to employment contract or severance.
- Employee Legal Defence
If you face criminal legal issues relating to employment.
This coverage is now available to those with a CAA Insurance Company Home Insurance policy. These may be purchased for $50 and $70/year respectively.