Travel Insurance for Snowbirds
Travel protected with CAA Travel Insurance.
Why choose CAA Travel Insurance¹
- No age limit
- Single Trip, Annual Multi-Trip and Top-Up Plans available²
- Simplified questionnaire process
- Worldwide access to CAA's 24/7 multilingual assistance³
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions if health stability criteria are met
- Direct-pay claim payments whenever possible, so you don't pay out of pocket
- CAA Members save 10% on CAA Travel Insurance⁴
CAA Travel Medical Insurance benefits
- Emergency medical and dental treatment up to $5 million⁵
- Flexible deductibles that can save you up to 30% off your premium
- Automatic extension of coverage if departure delayed (due to certain conditions)
- Worldwide access to our toll-free helpline 24 hours, 7 days a week³
- Access to more treatment options such as video conference call with a physician or physician house call services⁶
What you need to know before heading south for winter.
If you are planning a winter getaway to relax and enjoy some sunny
weather, remember to pack CAA Travel Insurance. The unexpected can
happen on even the most perfectly planned vacation.
Here are some important tips to ensure a worry-free getaway!
Everyone needs it
If you're leaving the country—or even the province—you should always purchase travel medical insurance. Most out-of-country hospital and emergency services are not fully covered by Manitoba Health.
Buy before you leave
You must purchase coverage before leaving the country. You will not be able to buy coverage after your departure or during an emergency.
Get the right plan
Pick your plan based on duration and frequency of travel—if you're going on one trip only, purchase a single-trip plan. But if you will take a few trips over the year, a multi-trip plan may offer the best rate. There are several durations available. Contact a CAA Travel Associate to discuss your needs.
Be completely honest on medical questionnaires
Being completely honest on the medical questionnaires will help to determine your correct coverage. It will also help the process in the event that you need to submit a claim. Give yourself plenty of time to fill out the forms. And if you're unsure of an answer, consult your physician.
You can get coverage even if you have a pre-existing medical condition
Coverage is available for people with a pre-existing condition, but there is a stability period required prior to your departure date. Check with your CAA Travel Associate to confirm the stability period that might apply.
*New! CAA’s optional pre-existing medical condition coverage has a stability period of only 7 days!
Travel for medical purposes will not be covered
Planned procedures, like elective surgeries and routine doctor checkups, won't be covered. Only unforeseen emergency procedures are insured.
Adventure travel may not be covered
Some policies exclude extreme sports like zip lining, bungee jumping and kiteboarding. Most policies you buy through CAA will cover these adrenaline-pumping activities, but always read the fine print of your policy or discuss your adventure plan with a CAA Travel Associate before taking the leap.
In an emergency, call the number on your insurance card
Call the number on your insurance card as soon as you are physically able, and then you’ll present the wallet card at the hospital. This will start the claims process and get you instant support from your insurance provider.
Still have questions?
We can help! Call 1-844-300-9660 or review the CAA Travel Insurance Policy Booklet.